Functional polymers for in vitro diagnostics
Sciforiem™ PL 1000 Series
A functional polymer for in vitro diagnostics that contributes to higher sensitivity, speed, and stability in in vitro diagnostics using advanced molecular design technology.
Development product overview
Sciforiem™ PL 1000 series is a functional polymer for biomedical applications developed by applying various chemical product technologies, including inks, that we have cultivated since our founding. The Sciforiem™ PL 1000 series excels in the field of in-vitro diagnostics that use antigen-antibody reactions to detect target substances.
By coating the substrate used for detection or adding it to the antibody dilution solution, it has effects such as suppressing nonspecific adsorption of target substances, increasing detection sensitivity, and stabilizing protein structure. .
Taking advantage of this function, it can be used in a variety of applications, including blocking agents for in vitro diagnostics and protein stabilizers, as reagents in research fields that handle biomolecules, and in the manufacturing and storage processes of biopharmaceuticals.
Use in immunoassay systems such as blocking agents and protein stabilizers
Appearance of the Sciforiem™ PL series
Application example ① Blocking agent
- It can be used as a blocking agent to reduce background in antigen-antibody reactions in various immunoassay systems such as ELISA and immunochromatography.
- It suppresses non-specific adsorption of antigens and antibodies to the surfaces of plastics (polystyrene, cycloolefins, etc.) and inorganic materials (colloidal gold, magnetic particles, etc.).
Base material: polystyrene well plate
Antibody used: HRP labeled antibody
Application example ② Sensitizer for antigen-antibody reaction
- It has a sensitizing effect on the antigen-antibody reaction system and can improve the lack of sensitivity.
- Since detection is possible even at low antigen concentrations, early diagnosis and improved detection accuracy can be expected.
Sensitizing effect by adding to antibody solution
Polystyrene well plates were coated with capture antibodies, blocked with BSA or Sciforiem™ PL 1000 series, and then conjugated to the antigens and detection antibodies in sequence. A larger slope of the reaction curve indicates a higher sensitivity of the antigen-antibody response.
Antigen: Albumin derived from human serum
Capture antibody: Goat-derived anti-human albumin antibody
Detection antibody: Goat-derived anti-human albumin HRP-labeled antibody
Application example ③ Protein stabilizer
- Maintains protein conformation and retains HRP activity even when stored at 25-40°C.
- It is expected to be used in the field of biopharmaceuticals (enzymes, growth hormones, antibodies, etc.) as an additive to prevent protein aggregation and improve stability.
Stabilizing effect of protein by addition to antibody dilution solution
BSA or Sciforiem™PL 1000 series was added to the antibody diluent, and after static storage at a predetermined temperature, the residual activity rate of HRP was calculated from the absorbance. The higher the residual activity rate, the higher the protein stabilizing effect.
Antibody used: HRP labeled antibody
Residual activity: Change in absorbance over time when the initial value is 100
Stable polymer design/manufacturing technology x polymer affinity/ water-based control technology
The Sciforiem™ PL 1000 series is based on polymer technology developed by the Company through the development of various chemical products.
Stable polymer design and manufacturing technology
Using polymer design and manufacturing technology cultivated over many years, our company provides polymers of stable quality to the electronics and medical markets, which have high quality requirements.
By using synthetic polymers for in vitro diagnostic reagents, there is no variation in quality, which is a problem unique to biological raw materials, and it can contribute to improving the reproducibility of diagnostic results.
Polymer affinity-water-based control technology
Our unique design philosophy combines a water-based unit that prevents non-specific adsorption of biomolecules and a water-based unit that physically adsorbs to water-based substrates such as plastic. It is a polymeric material that is soluble in water, alcohol, and DMSO, and can be coated on a variety of substrates with different polarities.
- blocking effect
- Sensitizing effect of antigen-antibody reaction
- Protein stabilizing effect
artience Co., Ltd. Incubation Center